Monday, April 26, 2010

Silverlake Indie Surfing

Tonight and tomorrow night I will find myself doing a back to back Silverlake Lounge trip. Like the frequency in which I go surfing, it is rare that I find myself wanting to hit up Silverlake Lounge two nights in a row over other LA offerings. But, I have good reason this week as both Hotel St. George and Chasing Kings will be showcasing their talents on the small eastside stage.

Hotel St. George, whom hail from San Diego, are making the drive up tonight for a FREE performance on the heels of their recent video release which features outdoor wizard back rubs and robots with guns and whiskey. As of this writing, it has been viewed a mere 41 times, but with that sort of ridiculousness, it ought to be viewed more.



You can see Hotel St. George (and maybe even the robot?) play tonight at Silverlake Lounge.

Chasing Kings reign on the stage tomorrow night at 10 pm. The quartet plays cool, classic-rock, indie-rock and surf-rock inspired grooves with stellar vocals that will have you pining for more at the end of their show. I had the privilege of catching up with the band in their living/rehearsal space a few weeks back where we talked about everything from first dates to music festivals to Stop Making Sense. Any questions? Just check out some of the footage from our hilarious conversations here...



No comments: