Thursday, January 21, 2010

Efterklang at Spaceland (New Writer!)

SUPERGOODMUSIC would like to introduce a new guest writer, Samantha Ray, to the mix. Sam has a SUPERGOOD eye and ear toward music videos at all times and here is her first contribution to SUPERGOODMUSIC.....


If ever there was true knowledge, I know, at the very least it would involve the birds, the trees, and a candy colored spectrum. I’d only have to assume that Efterklang feels the same about the world’s meaning after watching this…

Efterklang - Mirador from Leaf Label on Vimeo.


So, if you’re one of the unlucky ones that hasn’t yet discovered the fascination of the dramatic highs and lows of this band (this orchestra of sound!), then consider yourself newly fortunate. Efterklang’s “Mirador” speaks volumes, in sound and vision.


Just imagine them live!


You lucky bastards can do better than imagine – Efterklang plays Spaceland March 16th.


And it doesn’t end there.


A friend turned me on to Balmorhea a few months back, luring me in by saying they were a distinctly Texan-sounding band hailing from Austin, city of the weird and beautiful.


In this, I found nostalgia and all the emotion I forgot I had. If you’re looking for some beauty, look no further.


remembrance // balmorhea // all is wild, all is silent from jared hogan on Vimeo.


(but this is the song you should really be listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InH6RDWc_tI )


Balmorhea opens for Efterklang the same evening at Spaceland.


There’s no reason not to make it there.


I can’t fucking wait.

No comments: