Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WEDNESDAY'S SUGGESTIONS


Sorry for the late update, but I've been scrambling to find my ID so I can pick up my guestlist love at these concerts. Literally, left my ID at the Avalon on Monday when I saw Brazilian Girls and it is nowhere to be found (Avalon why haven't you called me back - WTF mate? - I mean, how did I pick up the tickets without my ID? That's not possible. Someone just thinks Brandon Dorsky is handsome or knows an underage kid that looks like him).


I thought I'd have the sit' resolved by last night - but didn't and couldn't get my tix for Noah & The Whale at The Roxy or get alcohol no less (sorry...but, I just found the Passport so I won't have either of those problems again). And, basically, this post is late because I spent a whole afternoon at the DMV getting a renewal...which isn't coming for another 10 fucking business days (are you serious CA? Why can't you just print it right there...it is a replacement).

But, on with the recommendations. Sticking with the initial suggestion in the CONCERT BLAST of Assembly of Dust for the jammers.



WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 21ST



Emmitt Nershi Band, Assembly of Dust, Jerry Hannan @ The Mint


The Heavy, Sweaters, Shirley Rolls @ Echo


Dub Club Presents Michigan and Smiley @ Echoplex


Choir Of Young Believers, Make Moon @ Spaeeland

NEEDTOBREATHE, Serena Ryder, The Alternate Routes @ Troubadour

Steve Lukather w/ TrEv LuKaThR @ The Roxy


Logan’s Heroes, Ladyjack, Hillbilly Herald, Lords of Jack, Kamikaze Red @ The Viper Room


Maylan Ackerman, System and Station @ Molly Malones


Pac Sun Battle of the Bands @ Knitting Factory (Main Stage)


Baseline Ent., Special Delivery, Broadway, The Circuit, Amp @ Knitting Factory (Front Stage)


A & R Knights @ Knitting Factory (Alterknit Lounge)


The Sounds @ The Wiltern


Kathryn Ostenberg/Sarah Dashew/Paul Haasch @ Room 5 Lounge


UE3 Presents: Josh Canova and Alina Cutrono @ Genghis Cohen


Nor Liable @ Whisky A Go Go


Arrington De Dionyso, Neal Morgan, Corey Marc Fogel, Peter Kolovos @ The Smell



The Eye Presents The Honkys and Dos Hermanos @ Redwood Bar & Grill



Hawksley Workman, Tony Lucca, Matthew Santos, Alex Brumel & Janel Elizabeth @ The Hotel Cafe


Soul Pupper, Dietra Kruschev @ Silverlake Lounge

No comments: