Monday, November 3, 2008

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 12th

How come Los Angeles always blows up with good music in the middle of the fucking week? I mean, I live for the weekends, but not when Wednesdays are like this ....

LUPE FIASCO @ CLUB NOKIA
GALACTIC (with Trombone Shorty) @ House of Blues
GRACE POTTER & THE NOCTURNALS @ THE TROUBADOUR

Are you kidding me? All 3 of those shows will be kick ass. Depends what your flavor is. If you want something somewhat pop oriented, but still hipster, go to Lupe Fiasco. You want some dirty, dirty funk that is going to rock out, go to Galactic. You want to here a sweet sultry voice, crooning over light melodies and classic rock, go see Grace Potter (plus, if you want to see a gorgeous women who can stroke the keys and the chords).

It would be hard for me to decide if I wasn't such a concert junkie. Having seen them all, I can say, unequivocally, Galactic puts on the best show. It is hard to hold a candle to Stanton Moore leaning forward from his drummer's seat beating his snare drum. They are the quintessence of dirty funk rock. Galactic owns the title and you should go see them if you haven't.

No comments: