Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lissie with Questlove on Jimmy Fallon

The Roots are my favorite band of all time. I've seen them around 40 times. More than anyone else. Ever since Fallon launched with The Roots as his backing band, I'm a frequent watcher of late night television. You get to watch ?uestlove crush the drums, Knuckles on percussion, James Poyser and Kamal on keys, Black Thought, etc. Each night is an amazing one-off performance with some new guest musician....last night it was Lissie and it did not disappoint at all.

Lissie opted to utilize mostly her own band mates, but the maestro ?uestlove held it down on the kit with her crew. Looking damn dapper in his suit, braided hair and bowtie - he drove the rhythm while Lissie rocked with her beautiful voice. I really can't say enough about how beautiful I think this performance of "When I'm Alone" sounds...you should just watch it:

No comments: