Thursday, November 12, 2009

SUPERGOOD RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE WEEK

SUPERGOODMUSIC Recommendations
For The Week


RCA cobsnake for web

For Thursday night I would recommend everyone to go and check out friend of SUPERGOODMUSIC Christopher Hawley at The Mint and if you're up for two shows in one night that are completely different from one another then head over to The Henry Fonda for The Ravonettes. If you're down for the funk and you want to shake your booty all across a dance floor - than hit up Zanzibar for Los Angeles' own Orgone (Ubiquity Records).

orgone2 (ORGONE)


If you're looking for an evening of electronic hip-hop, then on Friday I would suggest that you make over way over to Echoplex for theThunderheist show. They will be supported by Winter Gloves, Sugar and Gold and Franki Chan so it safe to say that you're dance card will get filled up quickly. If dancing is not in your plans and you're into the lyricism and poetry, than Saul Williams and the Afro Punk Tour at The Roxy might be your best choice.


On Saturday, I hope to find the proper amount of energy to travel over to the Valley and check out MSTRKRFT at The Vanguard. Anytime that I have seen them I have never been disappointed and I really hope I can gather a crew together to venture with.

Sunday is a lazy day for RCA, but I may ditch my Sunday night tv shows for the Mission of Burma show at Echo. I've been a fan of the band for quite some time so I think I may have to fill up my DVR and go see a little music.

If your wallet has been a little empty lately, then head over to Spaceland onMonday night for some free music from The Happy Hollows, The Drums,Evan Way and Random Patterns.

On Tuesday I recommend that everyone find a ticket to Them Crooked Vultures as the super group comprised of Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana), Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), and John Paul Jones (Led Zepplin) play a sold out show at The Wiltern. I don't know much about the band, but from what I hear from a good friend in New York who has seen them live, it's a performance you don't want to miss.

On Wednesday I definitely want to check The Big Pink with Crystal Antlers at The El Rey. If you haven't heard "Dominoes" by The Big Pink then head directly to whatever source you use for free music to hear what is sure to be the Brit-Rock anthem of 2009. And if you are like me (RCA) and you haven't completely written off Chris Brown because of things that have happened in his personal life then head over to the Avalon to see, who I believe, to be the best dancer in music right now. His first single "I Can Transform Ya" off his album Graffiti has been in my head since the first time that I heard it, and I have to say that I'm intrigued to see how he grows from teenage crooner to male superstar.

No comments: