Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blockhead Rolling Heads on the 1800 Block of Sunset - TONIGHT

So Blockhead is bringing his gritty instrumental beatmatician version of hip-hop to the Echo tonight in support of his upcoming release, The Music Scene. You can check out some of his cuts on his myspace page here.

I've been a Blockhead fan since his first release"Music By Cavelight" and, when Downtown Science dropped, I only became more of one. A champion of down-tempo instrumental hip-hop, and an artist signed to Ninja Tune - Blockhead is like a Beethoven of beat making. His instrumental compositions have an ebb and flow that is nothing short of spectacular and I'm sure he will deliver nothing but the illest when he graces the stage of the Echo this evening.

I fully intend to be there, kicking back a PBR and pretending to be the MC that I'm not. Maybe I'll see you there.....

No comments: